Forum Replies Created

Page 20 of 26
  • Rudy

    Member
    January 28, 2016 at 5:55 pm in reply to: SLOW TYPING ON POSTS

    That’s good to know Gary, thanks. Our web guy is using Windows 10 and says it’s great.

  • Rudy

    Member
    January 27, 2016 at 6:15 pm in reply to: Catastrophic Awning Failure

    Charles what part of the country you in ? I just took a big awning off

  • Rudy

    Member
    January 27, 2016 at 12:16 pm in reply to: Catastrophic Awning Failure

    Awnings in general are prone to problems and even though my current cantilevered awnings have not presented any trouble, I only use them when they are really needed.

    I had zero hesitation about using our original manual ZipDee awnings on the first and second coaches.

  • Rudy

    Member
    January 27, 2016 at 10:06 am in reply to: Marathon, Crestron, iPads

    As our coaches age and move through owners they are going to turn into disasters because the cost to upgrade and keep them current and working is going to cost the same for a 25 year old coach worth less than $100,000 by far, or a relatively new 10 year old coach. We know the guy who bought his coach for less than $100,000 is not going to fix it when it quits. Hell, right now there are guys changing TVs who won’t spend the money to get the Crestron upgraded on their 10 year old coach so they don’t have to have a bunch of remotes laying around.

    It is not exclusive to convertrers, although the conversion part is unsupported far sooner than the chassis. Try to get a DDEC I replaced or repaired now.

    The folks buying the new coach don’t care. With almost $1000 per day depreciation if they find they have to upgrade their electronics and it is not covered by warranty the cost is unimportant. The second owner may not even care. But somewhere in the chain of ownership these systems are going to be seen as a detriment.

  • Rudy

    Member
    January 25, 2016 at 8:58 pm in reply to: Water spots and or Corrosion HELP!!!

    Rudy, you going to be at “Snot Ball Fest” in April ? Geo.

  • Rudy

    Member
    January 25, 2016 at 3:57 pm in reply to: dead electric switches

    Depending on what functions Rick has on those panels he has the potential to have 12, 24 and 120 devices controlled. I am curious about what he finds out from Liberty.

  • Rudy

    Member
    January 22, 2016 at 7:20 am in reply to: New Bus!?

    Dawn…

    How did the trip to Sanford go??

    Diane

  • Rudy

    Member
    January 21, 2016 at 3:11 pm in reply to: Marathon Electrical Cord

    I have what Dick said,

    A 50 Amp twist lock male on both sides of the bus…

    I am getting ready to set myself up one of those just in case of reel failure. I have a 50′ extention cord I could use If I had too…

  • Rudy

    Member
    January 21, 2016 at 5:55 am in reply to: New Bus!?

    I play around on a number of bus related sites. It literally pains me to see very nice coaches languish on the market because the owner is emotionally attached to it and ends up chasing the market price down. By that I mean a seller believes the coach is worth more than others on the market (and that may in fact be true), but when it doesn’t sell at the asking price, the owner ends up dropping the price. The only problem is the lowering of the price is following what depreciation is doing to the prices.

    If a coach is marketed for $10,000 over what the market is willing to pay, the owner ends up not selling the coach. A year later the seller recognizes the price is the problem, so the price is lowered, but is still $10,000 over the depreciated price from a year ago.

    I have never seen market values go up, only rarely have I seen them hold firm for an extended period, yet often I see a coach with a high asking price remain unsold for a year or more. The owners of those coaches may be hoping to get enough money to pay off a loan, or may think a $50,000 new paint job added the same amount to the value, or the owner may think the cost of maintenance is added value. Whatever the reason, a coach that is overpriced will remain unsold and in addition to the never ending depreciation Dick mentions, the owner continues to face expenses for storage, insurance, and the loss of money due to interest rates on a loan or loss of earnings on invested capital.

  • Rudy

    Member
    January 20, 2016 at 8:48 pm in reply to: What does the “Entry” button do?

    Al,

    How do you get the ring off to get to the bulb inside these fixtures?

  • Rudy

    Member
    January 12, 2016 at 10:38 pm in reply to: Resynching Trekmate Security System

    Will do. -Gerald

  • Rudy

    Member
    January 7, 2016 at 1:11 pm in reply to: Test Auto Gen

    I think before anyone sets a coach up for a period of time while they are away they should actually test the set up to see if it will do what is expected.

    My least concern is draining the batteries. That is bad, no doubt. But if you have pets, are planning to leave for the day and it is going to be hot outside so you are depending on A/C for the comfort and safety of the pets, verify a power outage and restoration such as auto-start will restore the A/C units back to operation.

    I might be wrong, but if shore power is interrupted, even if my generator is set to run if power is shut off to the bus I believe my A/C units will turn off, and not resume operation when power is restored. They will have to be restarted using the SMX panel or Crestron.

    What I am saying is run through all the “what if” scenarios if you think you have planned for contingencies and verify your plan will in fact work. Especially if pets are involved.

  • Rudy

    Member
    January 1, 2016 at 4:45 pm in reply to: Resource & Friend

    Tim,

    Becasue the burner in the Aqua Hot system is a 12 vdc 50k btu Webasto Burner, I can work on both of them. I currently stock parts for 12 vdc 50k btu burners. Can order parts for 24 vdc burners. Have nozzles for 80k btu burners on order.

    I have several current Webasto Heat exchanger equipped Prevost customers. I would be very happy to add you to that group and thanks a bunch for asking.

  • Rudy

    Member
    January 1, 2016 at 4:18 pm in reply to: Electric shades

    So, after talking with Ed, I now have my shade in my hand. My question is, to test it, do I just hook up 12V to the two wires, or is that not the correct way to test? I did that and nothing happend. I found the new motor on line but want to make sure I’m testing it correctly. It is a 12V, Somfy motor, number LT28-A73.Thanks, Cliff

  • Rudy

    Member
    January 1, 2016 at 10:15 am in reply to: Mini Rally Everglades Isle

    I guess we are lucky here now. There are no bugs around at all. No air boats either…very quiet…

Page 20 of 26