Rudy
Forum Replies Created
-
For those signed up and attending, I sent an e-mail today asking for number of people in each coach.
Do not reply here, I’m just giving you a heads up.
-
I remember when Mark was asking the questions, and now he is answering them. And his answers are absolutely correct.
Good job Mark.
-
Bendare……..You and every one of us was or is in the same boat. As sellers a new owner is so much in awe of all there is to know we can waltz the buyer right past a problem that he will never realize until he is long gone.
As buyers for the first time we are literally incapable of checking everything out. Even seasoned owners buying for the second time we realize we cannot cover everything and the best we can do is try to catch as much as possible and rely on luck or the seller’s honesty to take care of the rest.
I am not trying to enlist more PC members when I say this, but a new owner’s best advice and assistance can come from other members who have knowledge of a particular coach, who have the same conversion, or who can share information on what to look for.
-
I missed the bus cards at Foley but like the idea.
I support the idea of a directory for those that attend rallies or a more broad based approach. I also understand those that do not want to participate.
-
Dick, I have never seen them coming down the highway.
But going up the 160 toll road (the George Bush Turnpike in Dallas) at night with all the white conctete roadway and all the over passes, when I turned them on it was like daylight down the road.
Lights up road signs for ever down the road.
They are so bright I turned them off to keep from blinding trafic coming and going.
Out on the open road like Montana and Wyoming they are super.
-
Where do we up this stuff? I’d give it a shot in my old two stroke. I average around 6.3 normally. Have gotten as high as 8.3 average when keeping speed around 62. Pretty good averages already for an 8V92, but I’m always up for anything that is an improvement.
-
The pictures make the housings look smaller than they are; with that said they are smaller but no comparison to stock brightness. Putting led’s around open extra space. Hope this helps someone make a informed decision. Bob
-
Rudy, I am going to pull the burner out and give it a cleaning, any steps would be appreciated.
Thanks -
You guys made it sound so easy. I did manage to get the dust cover off but it is not reusable. Fortunately, I found both the cover (62mm) and the bearing (double row 30x62x27mm) online. Should be here in a week or so just before we supposed to leave.
Of course, old bearing feels like new now that I have it out of the pulley….
If that does not work I’ll try to upgrade to the autotensioner. The parts book shows 23527060 as “Kit Autotensioner” upgrade. So that is promising but nobody knows what is included. Based on pictures I think one needs a new tensioner assembly, moving the oil fill cover over and install a new cover with the auto tensioner plus gaskets and likely a different belt.
Gerald
-
You may not like the front
tire wear on your pickup when towing it.
We started off towing an 8300-pound Dodge 4×4. We changed to a smaller toad, (Ford Explorer), because the front tires
on the Dodge were wearing more and faster than we wanted to accept.We have noticed four
benefits from going to a smaller toad:- Much less front tire wear. The wear is hardly noticeable.
- Much better toad braking. The braking unit is actually capable of
applying noticeable braking force. - The smaller toad stays within the rear wheel
tracks of the coach. This means I
don’t have to swing as wide on corners.
A nice unintended benefit.
4. The
coach taillights and third brake lights are fully visible to traffic. -
I run a florida tag on the bus and a virginia tag on the toad, When I moved to Virginia a couple years ago I ask the tax officer where do I register my coach she asked where is it on Jan first of every year, I said it is in florida, she said register the bus in Florida that is what I did. So I have Florida tags on the bus and Virginia tags on the toad, as per those instructions, Have not been stopped yet, maybe just lucky but I have not broken any laws by having the bus and toad registered in different states, Gary
-
When should a Aqua heat unit be replaced? When should one be rebuilt? If the unit is old, (tell me the age that a unit is old and out of date) would anyone replace a diesel unit with a CNG or Propane unit and what would be the reason to do it? Thanks
-
John,
To set and check the tension I use a Gates 91132 Belt Tension Tester.
It is also sold as the Cricket belt tension gauge. You put it in the center of the largest span and press until you hear a click and then read off the force required. Napa sells them too. Only about $10-15.
Gerald
