Rudy
Forum Replies Created
-
Obviously named by someone who knows how to spell.
-
Chip, I suspect your apprehesion about auto engine shutdown is due to your long experience with gigantic flying machines and shorter experience with gigantic rolling machines. My only experience in the air is sitting in the cheap seats in the back, so I like the auto-shutdown feature, knowing I can over-ride if necessary. I’ll bet you will eventually go back the auto-shutdown default. Hopefully you’ll never experience the red SEL light again, regardless of how it is set to respond.
-
I think a seminar in April would be a good time. Those of us migrating North after winter, but still work and can’t get away until December. I would love to attend a seminar but after May and before January is all but impossible to get away!
-
FYI
JOSAM in Orlando is very qualified to do a complete alignment on a Prevost. I’ve been very happy with their work for over 15 years.
IMHO Josam alignment system is the best in the world and if I remember correctly it’s what Prevost has in their shops.
-
Thanks guys, always glad I can help and the Airstream will have some nice bright lights….
-
Tom,
thats really nice to hear yet again. We’ve heard nothing but great things about Extreme Paint. We have a dinner plate size blister probably caused by moisture freezing under the paint when we’re back in NE Arctic Ohio in February with temps -13 F. Our bus’ re-paint job is 17 years old. -
“But from the perspective of the hardest part physically, it is the handling of the batteries, during removal and installation. Each converter has their own way of locating, racking and securing the batteries.”
I could not agree more Jon, and they always seem to put them in the worst place immaginable. On mine I have to lift them up, and over, so your motorcycle lift intrigues me. Same thing with the starters, long dark skinny hole and short cables. As a result of my recent operations, I am now restricted to 25LBS on the lifts, so I have to get the wife to help.
Looking at yours and then mine, I kind of feel like mine are somewhat more accomodating.
But they are still a hard lift in and out, need to do something about that.
Friday I chunked three that were six years old, and replaced them. They were doing the job, and the bus was starting okay and all, but like you, “I would rather do it in the shop, than do it on the side of the road, so I bit the bullet and I changed ’em out.”
BCO
-
What was the temperature at the returns,I do agree if 1 was 48 the others should be colder than you measured.
-
I have been over there for quite sometime, didn’t really start messing with it until October last year. It is okay, I suppose, but not as much fun as my site and some other places (like this one for example) and I have not stopped it, but cut back on it quite a bit.
As I have been issued even more Sarcasm by the National Institute (22% more) I am able to blend right in on FakeBook and increase my nuisance value and increase my phantom friends at the same time.
Can’t beat a deal like that.
BCO
-
I decided to turn the existing one 220v receptacle in to 2 – 110v receptacles w/usb chargers.
Most things in life run on 110v.
The Kenyon grills look great.
Thanks!
-
call headhunter or go on web page it’s on there very easy just need to know what panels you have
1-954-581-6996 headhunter. procedure depends on weather they are little round LEDs or the rectangle ones different for each one, what do you have
-
Nice job Don, really looks good.
AL
-
I cannot believe this is not criminal. I am not a lawyer, and maybe some of the lawyers who are PC members will chime in. An inexperienced buyer would certainly be led to believe it is a Prevost with the name on the front and rear and if it was bought with that understanding the buyer is certainly not getting what he bargained for.
-
Good post Dick!! I have been “educated” all my life and now that I own a Prevost my education will continue!
-
Becky,
We also find that area to be “challenging” when it comes to campgrounds that will fit a big rig.
In Virginia – what area are you thinking of stopping in? Same with PA. We have found Fort Chiswell in Wytheville can handle larger rigs and is good for an overnight. Don’t even think about the KOA in Natural Bridge or Harrisonburg. Very narrow roads.
In PA, Pine Grove/Twin Grove KOA will work. Expensive and a bit off the interstate, but will work.
There is not much between PA and the far northeast that can handle a big rig. There is supposedly a rest area on I84 in the Danbury area that has an RV overnight section.
If you are interested in exploring Vermont, our favorite is Lake Champagne campground. Nothing touristy of note (except fantastic farm markets) in the immediate area, but a good central point for using the toad to explore central VT. It is grass only (no pavement) and only a handful of 50 amp sites, but depending on the time of year you may not even need A/C. There are a couple of sites that can handle a bus, although you’ll definitely want to unhook at the campstore.
Which reminds me, many NE campground have and extra $3-5/day charge for running air conditioning, even on their 50 amp sites. Lake Champagne is one of them.
A tip while in Maine and if you like lobster, most supermarkets (Shaw’s, Hannaford) are set up to steam them for you at no charge. Go to the fish counter and order. It takes about 15-20 minutes, so do your shopping and pick up your lemons and butter. You will be able to buy hot, steamed lobster much cheaper than at a restaurant (often cheaper per pound than hot dogs). Take it back to the coach, melt your own butter, and enjoy. Most of the restaurants are set up for the tourists and charge prices to match. DIY is the way we go.
Michelle