Forum Replies Created

Page 21 of 26
  • Rudy

    Member
    December 29, 2015 at 8:16 am in reply to: Driving School

    I do not know of any driving schools that offer training for that in-between size vehicle. They teach how to drive a car and they teach how to drive a semi and nothing in between. Driving a bus is different than driving a semi, although learning the air brake system would be helpful.

  • Rudy

    Member
    December 22, 2015 at 5:17 pm in reply to: Ten Year Old Coaches

    The Flxible belonged to friends of ours just across the border in South Carolina. It is a first class conversion but sadly they sold it last year. I will miss seeing it.

  • Rudy

    Member
    December 22, 2015 at 5:07 pm in reply to: ENGINE / AQUAHOT ANTIFREEZE CIRCULATION

    Aqua-Hot is a closed system, they do not mix.

  • Rudy

    Member
    December 17, 2015 at 7:27 pm in reply to: Pre-Heating the engine

    Tim,

    I leave the block heater unplugged just to be sure since CRS can happen at any time and I might forget to turn off the breaker.

    Also, do you shut off the valve to the engine from the Webasto to isolate it to save on diesel or is that not applicable in our vintage Marathon?

    I don’t understand what you’re asking.

  • Rudy

    Member
    December 17, 2015 at 8:24 am in reply to: Prevost dash air-blower

    Could it be the temp sensor for the dash air? A faulty sensor could be sending erratic signals to the fan by demanding more or less air to control the temp.

  • Rudy

    Member
    December 16, 2015 at 6:25 pm in reply to: Pre-Heating the engine

    Ok, Greenhorn here again, would one of you brains please explain the operations of the Wabasto. I know how they work, and what they will do. I know they will heat the coach because I have used it. I also know it will heat my hot water, but how is it controlled? If the forced air heating thermostats are satisfied in the coach and under the bay, how does the wabasto keep my water hot? Also how does it heat the engine with all thermostats satisfied? I guess I just don’t understand how the water heater and the DD take control of the wabasto when they need heat.

    Block heater was mentioned, where do you turn it on, and what are we heating. Water or Oil?

    Green

  • Rudy

    Member
    December 11, 2015 at 12:52 pm in reply to: Pressure Pro & Valve Extensions

    I am of the same mind set as Jon get rid of them period, nothing but trouble can come of it ,

    i have the alligator valve caps fill through , I have never had to put air in the tires in a ten month tour , I check them but never a problem never lost air

  • Rudy

    Member
    December 9, 2015 at 7:11 pm in reply to: Ft. Wilderness Campground

    I think that I’m too new here to be an organizer. I’m just getting comfortable being an instigator. I’ll be glad to help, but I honestly feel that someone else needs to be in charge. Give me a little time and I’ll be in there.

    Ronald’s dates would interfere with the Everglades gathering wouldn’t it? Any chance moving it up a week or so?

    I love Ft. Wilderness and Disneyworld. The German restaurant in Epcot is to die for. Be sure to make reservations. Mickey and I have been close friends for many years. Were on a first name basis.

  • Rudy

    Member
    December 8, 2015 at 11:10 pm in reply to: Using bus generator as house backup.

    Yes you’re leaving some generator capacity on the table. Getting all the generator capacity to the house would require a larger gauge power cord, recepticals, and probably rewiring some of the bus. Doable, but expensive and certainly into the point of diminishing returns.

  • Rudy

    Member
    November 27, 2015 at 12:13 pm in reply to: Well we did it

    Tom told me he was like a fine wine…….better with age. I guess it’s always good to dream.

  • Rudy

    Member
    November 18, 2015 at 3:27 pm in reply to: Looking to replace analog/lever thermostats

    The problem is that the t-stat you need to replace them have to be “dry contact” units that operate on battery power rather than 24vac, like household dig t-stats do. They are few and far between, and the one’s we have used in the past tend to be problematic. Many we put in new coaches have since been replaced by the vary one’s you seek to replace lol. The brand we used were Aube, a european looking very cool looking t-stat, but like I said, proved to not be all that reliable in the long-run.

    At least you know what to look for now so you get something that can function to control the aquahot zones.

    http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-TH135-01-B-Hydronic-Non-programmable-Thermostat/dp/B0007N73DW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1447878269&sr=8-3&keywords=aube+thermostat

  • Rudy

    Member
    November 16, 2015 at 1:22 am in reply to: 2015 Ford F150 4×4 Toad

    On my 2015 when you set up the alarm you can select perimeter only or perimeter and motion sensors.

    The motion sensors is what sets it off.

  • Rudy

    Member
    November 13, 2015 at 6:40 am in reply to: Lost driver window – no joke….

    It should be a double pane window and those are near $500 each. Must be cleaned properly, new glass glued in place and sit for a minimum of 12 hours before driving…..

  • Rudy

    Member
    November 8, 2015 at 7:40 pm in reply to: AquaHot Burner Not Working

    Rudy is the “go to guy” for AquaHot & Webasto IMO. If it has anything to do with AquaHot or Webasto – he’s got a handle on it. We were fortunate enough to spend some time with him & his wonderful wife Carolyn the last several days after he did a fall tuneup on our Webasto heat exchanger unit. Rudy was able to provide some really interesting historical info about the Space Program, as well as showing us some super excellent places to eat in the area, too!! Thanks again Rudy.

  • Rudy

    Member
    November 8, 2015 at 5:44 am in reply to: AquaHot Burner Not Working

    Thermostat ? Possibly the blue one. Geo.

Page 21 of 26