Forum Replies Created

Page 12 of 26
  • Rudy

    Member
    January 6, 2019 at 5:30 pm in reply to: No Hot Water – Marathon

    Jimmy,

    Do you hear the array controller click when you push the 120 water heater button?

  • Rudy

    Member
    November 28, 2018 at 9:32 am in reply to: Driver’s Air – Heat

    Good catch Dan.

  • Rudy

    Member
    October 10, 2018 at 8:27 am in reply to: Texas safety inspection in Austin area

    We get ours done at Iron Horse on the northwest side of San Antonio right off IH-35.

  • Rudy

    Member
    August 31, 2018 at 2:16 pm in reply to: Suggestion for Austin TX

    Sunset RV park, not very big either, but good location if you want to be west
    of Austin, near Lakeway and Bee Cave. Closer in than other ones mentioned above.

  • Rudy

    Member
    August 14, 2018 at 7:59 am in reply to: Beware- 365 Tread Separation

    Talking about being over a barrel. I wonder if any of them have exploded or threw rubber and destroyed coach? How do they compare to the 12R 22.5 a lot of us run?

  • Rudy

    Member
    August 12, 2018 at 8:54 am in reply to: Should we give the bus a new paint job?

    Well said Diane !

  • Rudy

    Member
    May 22, 2018 at 4:44 pm in reply to: Tradewinds – Now Service and Sales

    I’am very satisfied with Tradewinds shop. Kyle’s team fixed my Trace 4024 inverter after taking it too another shop first.

    Great shop communications, quickly reassembled after receiving hard to find parts, bench heat chamber tested, final price as quoted.

    No further issues.

    AL

  • Rudy

    Member
    April 13, 2018 at 3:35 pm in reply to: Check Engine Light

    Have you checked the coolant level? Should be in the middle of the sight glass. With the temperature changes over the winter its possible you’ve lost coolant. Where did you have it stored over? Indoors or outdoors? Heated or not? Concrete/hard surface under the coach? If so, any evidence of leaking coolant on under the coach?

  • Rudy

    Member
    March 13, 2018 at 8:38 pm in reply to: Upgrade Time?

    I do. Thatnis what I was using, its made by Milwaukee.

    The video is not very good on those things.

  • Rudy

    Member
    March 12, 2018 at 9:18 am in reply to: webasto antifreeze type

    Definitely Webasto Tom.

    The responses have convinced me that the systems should be tied together. After checking I realized I was mistaken about anitfreeze color. They are both red or pink.

    I remembered last night that there are 2 copper pipes stubbed down next to the water heater with caps on them. A PO installed a residential electric water heater. I assumed that this was a coolant loop for domestic hot water heating. Could this be my problem? Could the engine loop be tied into this circuit? I can tie these together to complete the loop for testing I guess. Additional thoughts welcome and appreciated.

    Jeff

  • Rudy

    Member
    March 11, 2018 at 1:48 pm in reply to: Retarder failure

    How did the service manager and the tech respond after getting the wiring diagram from Prevost and finding the wire unplugged?

  • Rudy

    Member
    February 14, 2018 at 4:39 am in reply to: Funny odor when running Webasto

    If while using the Webasto you are getting heat out of the heat exchangers then your circulation pumps are working.

    If the pumps were not working you would not get any heat from the heat exchangers and also if you had no coolant circulation the Webasto high temp limit thermostat would shut the unit down.

  • Rudy

    Member
    February 13, 2018 at 2:28 pm in reply to: Funny odor when running Webasto

    Could Marathon possibly have oiled the interior heat exchanger fan motors. Don’t know if you have used it since it was serviced or if you have those types of fan motors.

    The motors in my old CC were sealed units with no need for oiling while the fan motors in my 07 Marathon are the 4 inch computer type fans.

  • Rudy

    Member
    December 28, 2017 at 4:13 pm in reply to: Napa Card Application Changes

    The entire world is working against me, trying to force me into obtaining a smart phone. This is just typical of the abuse I suffer for failing to become one of the lemmings.

    Just for everyone to fully appreciate my resolve keep in mind I am a lefty in a right handed world and my left handedness is so deeply ingrained when I broke my left wrist (twice) I almost could not function. For those of you who think it is a trifling issue to live in a right handed world try zipping up or using your fly with your left hand. That will illustrate how avoiding a smart phone is easy compared to the abuse I already suffer as a minority lefty.

    Flip phones forever!

  • Rudy

    Member
    December 21, 2017 at 10:21 am in reply to: Driving Assistance or Self Driving Vehicles

    I knew Marvin when he was a kid, grew up in Shenandoah Iowa, he graduated with my first wife. Just saw his sister right before we left on our winter adventure. He was a nice guy, I was astounded when I found out he was piloting the Colgan flight.

Page 12 of 26