Rudy
Forum Replies Created
-
Thanks for the clarification. I will repost the original question again. Glad PeterC saw the same thing, that way I know I’m not totally crazy.
-
Don’t forget the tag and don’t overfill.
The wheel hub cap will look similar to this.
-
Like many other bus owners, I owned a few motorhomes before I landed on Planet Prevost. I see advantages and disadvantages to both. I think Jon’s analysis omitted two important considerations, financial resources of the owner, and available financing.
If I only had $100K to spend, and I needed to borrow most of the $100K to spend it, I probably would buy a motorhome. The motorhome probably would be gas powered, but it would be new, be under warranty, and probably have two slides, maybe more.
A $100K bus would be pretty old, have no slides, no warranty, and likely no available financing, at least at a reasonable rate. Tlhen, the bus is going to need some work, and I can’t take it to Camping World or my local RV guy. I have to go to a guy like Jeff Rowe and pay for his expertise and his $500 per quart oil.
If you bought the bus over the gasser, you would never experience the thrill of standing on the accelerator, listening to that Chevy 454 scream like your 10th grade girlfriend while you sat next to the “dog box” protruding into the driver’s cockpit, as you tried to ascend Monteagle pulling a trailer at 23 miles per hour.
By the time you reach a price point in the motorhome world where the quality becomes decent and the chassis/engine combination approaches acceptable (like upper tier Newmars), it makes more sense to buy a bus
I do miss Patty, but not the gasser. It was a 1999 Winnebago Adventurer, and she burned to the ground at the young age of eight months. RIP
-
Jon, I fully agree with you….just remember what you have said..It is like drinking water from a fire hose..and you dont know what you dont know I mean if you are not mechanically inclined it is very difficult add in the fact that different converters doing things differently and many of the coaches being as mine 16yrs old with alot of stuff changed by vairous owners / mechanics and this only multiplies the issues. as I get older I forgot some of what I learned since I am not allways traveling and have to relearn it It does get easier each time and thanks to this site for all the help and guys like you and tom
-
You might look in this upgrade for your Liberty…..standard in Marathons

-
hello Kirby & Linda,
if a person has their email open, you can click on their ID (JohnKirby) that will,open an email for you to directly send that person an email.
you open your email to this option in your profile, yours is currently not open to email.
-
Bryan
You must really have it out for Roger, this is the 3rd time your bitching about how bad he is.
After your last write up I asked him about your situation and Roger and Donald told me a little bit about what happened.
Whatever happened between you and his shop has left you very bitter. I’m not saying who’s right or wrong and don’t give a shit one way or the other. Not all experiences are good but I do know there’s two sides to every story.
What you wrote today is your view and that is what this blog is for. I didn’t have a problem with it until I read it twice.
Roger is a friend of mine and you accused him of being dishonest. That I can assure you he is not. So go ahead and tell us your horror stories but when you run down a man’s character you better be able to back it up.
Later
bv -
I find Roger to be honest, fair priced, friendly and have trusted him and his staff with my bus for over two years. He’s a former Marathon guy who actually worked on my bus with the previous owners. Here’s a short list of the work he’s done for us, of which we are totally satisfied: cruisair and webasto service, 100k service, interior work, audio/visual upgrades, electrical issues, plumbing and a myriad of miscellaneous items.
He is very busy at the shop and servicing Indio resorts, so if I need a particular item finished on a deadline, I make sure he knows so we’re clear on the expectation and what is possible.
-
Always know your surroundings Boys!
Keep safe out there, and displaying cash over $20 in view of many curious eyes is generally not a good idea … as many police reports concerning robbery would demonstrate.
-
Peter, if you think you are going to just grab a buffer and make your swirl marks go away, and the polished finish look like new, then you also are likely to believe i can get on a horse and become an expert horseman in a few minutes.
Seriously it looks so easy, but the risk you encounter is the swirl marks will remain, the funish will be dull, and the skin will have buckles in it and will oil can with little change in temp.
Buffing requires a lot of patience. changes in the shine need to be done gradually. You need to avoid heating the skin at all costs. You need the right combination of rouge and buffing wheel. The speed of the buffer has to be controlled to minimize the risk, while being fast enough to do the job. If and when I need to get my coach buffed out the only tool I am going to pick up and use says “Visa”.
-
You have my interest….can you post a pic of the LED strip ?
-
On my PC if I move the arrow up into the menu line the gray line doesn’t show. Once I move the arrow back down into the body of the post the gray line does show. Doesn’t seem to impact the post.
-
We can kid all we want about his price per gallon, but it his inspection that makes his oil change worth every cent. We have so much going on under our coaches that we often will not know of a potential problem until it occurs. I spend about 2 hours under my coach every 5000 miles looking, listening, and generally poking my nose in places I cannot see unless I am under the coach. The intercooler is only one example.
I think Peter does the same thing. He may not be able to get under his in his spare time when he is working, but I bet as soon as it is up in the air for service he is under it poking around looking for chafing, loose suspension or steering linkages, bad bushings, drying hoses, wets spots, air leak noises, etc. If whoever services the coach (I’m thinking Prevost for example) works from a list, it is probable they will only cover what is on the list. There is so much more that when checked might make the difference between a roadside repair, or a few minute fix with some new air hose.
We not only get peace of mind, we get a level of reliability that is very comforting.
-
There are many variables that can cause slow typing, but I agree that it is highly unlikely that the server hosting the Prevost Community site is causing the issue. What I have found over the years is it could be programs running in the background, a update that has downloaded, installed, and waiting for a reboot (yes, Mr. Bill), MS programs that have clogged up the registers (reboot to clear), spyware, spamware, and a host of other things that just make it miserable to type. It can be browser settings, the position of the moon… does not matter what flavor of OS, or amount of memory (to a point). After working with computers, networks, and servers for over 30 years, I have come to the conclusion that there is never only one thing that is causing the problem.
June
