Prevost Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
Prevost Community around the world.

  • Selling 5 year old 365 tires?

    Posted by Ken on March 29, 2023 at 12:47 pm

    Anyone else consider selling their low mileage 365s? My thoughts are sell them now before they age out and hopefully get 1/3 to 1/2 the new value and replace while convenient vs side of road.

    I’ve got about 5,000 miles on these with a date code of 4318

    Any suggestions where to list them?

    Clint replied 2 years, 11 months ago 8 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Tom

    Member
    March 29, 2023 at 4:57 pm

    Why would you think anyone would want to buy used tires that are pushing 5 years old at this point? I sure as hell would not, and I bet most others wouldn’t either. I get rid of mine at about that time, not buy them at that age.

  • Clint

    Member
    March 29, 2023 at 8:03 pm

    5 years is not that bad, I think you will find someone that is interested.


    Clint & Tammy Summers
    2000 XL 45 Country Coach (rivets)
    1977 FC31 Bluebird Wanderlodge (more rivets)
    Vonore TN
  • Jon

    Member
    March 29, 2023 at 9:08 pm

    I’ve got them listed on craigslist

    I’ve heard some fleets will buy them wear them out and retread for another go round. Just need to find the right person.

    Will see what happens.

  • Bernard

    Member
    March 29, 2023 at 10:59 pm

    I am sure if the price is right a buyer will appear.

  • Bernard

    Member
    March 30, 2023 at 7:41 am

    It might be hard to find a buyer for 5 year old steer tires. I have a deal with a buddy to sell my 315’s for the lift axle on his dump truck. I’m not expecting to get much for them. If I don’t have to pay $40-50 disposal on each one, and it helps him out, I’m happy.

  • Dick

    Member
    March 30, 2023 at 4:08 pm

    I listed all 8 of my 10 year old tires on facebook. Someone purchased them. I was able to buy one new tire with my money.

  • Dick

    Member
    March 30, 2023 at 4:20 pm

    Sold my 315’s 10 year old 200 a piece Dump truck and loggers jump at it as they destroy tires frequently in off road situations

  • Mike, 92 Country Coach

    Member
    April 8, 2023 at 12:11 am

    Keep one as spare. I do.

  • Archived

    Member
    April 11, 2023 at 1:11 pm

    It may be more difficult to find an interested buyer than for a 315 user, because the 365s us a 10.5″ wheel (versus 90″). They do have a 7 year warranty, if that gives you peace of mind.

  • Clint

    Member
    November 5, 2023 at 11:36 pm

    Question for pmeisenh – You mentioned in a prior posting the Multi Z might be good for those who wore out their drive tires because they have some extra tread depth. However the data sheet for these tire shows under the heading “Suitable for RV” = NO

    Do you know why Michelin says “NO” for RV for this tire? Tread pattern > noise? All the load and speed ratings seem same as the X Line Energy Z.


    Clint & Tammy Summers
    2000 XL 45 Country Coach (rivets)
    1977 FC31 Bluebird Wanderlodge (more rivets)
    Vonore TN

Log in to reply.