Prevost Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
Prevost Community around the world.

  • may 2015 update

    Posted by Archived on May 15, 2015 at 12:08 pm

    For those who have followed and think I have quit or something else. No! just getting along. Doing so many modifications take vast amount of design and fabrication. Then old age slowed me down awhile. I quess the big question now is will I still enjoy driving the bus as much as I use to? Going to move over pit in other bay next week after storms pass and I get it cleaned out.. It’s all simple stuff now. Making sure everything is anchored down and not rubbing anything. Wires anchored /air lines/ fuel lines /everything because it is all new from last bay back. Adding a manual oil gauge and water temp as the engine I have was not equipped with analog sensors. Ken & Clifford have been a tremendous help in the details. The air cyl on clutch has worked super! (I have a 10 spd Autoshift ) That requires a single clutch operation to get rolling then it does it itself. Thanks to everyone– the move from one bay to the other is days away. I actually had 2 buses when I got this salvage shell and had to remove siding to get bus in shop.(only had 7ft tall door in that bay) Then close it back up. I really need another tall door but at this point in life the 14ft tall in bus bay and the 7X16 will do just fine. I do think there are other home builders that visit here to gain information so I do encourage them to as questions and share their adventure. Bob

    Archived replied 11 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Archived

    Member
    May 15, 2015 at 7:20 pm

    Enjoyed keeping up with your progress Bob and always good to hear and see what you have been doing on the coach.. Keep up the good work and when you get bored, send me your address and I’ll let you have a crack at some of my problems. LOL. .

Log in to reply.