Prevost Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
Prevost Community around the world.

  • 98 CC bumper question

    Posted by Chip & Pam on March 3, 2018 at 10:29 pm

    Does anyone know where I can find replacement bumper dampening rods (look like our cargo door rods) for my coach. I can’t find the part number. There are 2 rods that attach under the bumper and to the frame. They dampen the force of the bumper opening up. I need 2 that have the little hip joint bolts. I thought I could use a Prevost door rod but no joy

    Archived replied 8 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • AL

    Member
    March 4, 2018 at 8:11 am

    Call Prevost. They are the supplier of them. Their gas struts are priced very competitive.

  • Archived

    Member
    March 6, 2018 at 1:14 pm

    Prevost carries them as recommended in previous statement.

    Not hard at all to replace. Powerful little buggers…

    Pres

  • Chip & Pam

    Member
    March 6, 2018 at 1:32 pm

    Gas struts are now generic and if the dimensions and force are specified there are many sources of the struts. On some components however Prevost cannot be beat on pricing.

  • Archived

    Member
    March 6, 2018 at 4:31 pm

    I found them online. 26 inch 250 lbs struts. Should be here Thursday. It will take one more item off the list even though I’m selling it

Log in to reply.