-
We have three of them. One in the stateroom, one in the bathroom and one in the galley. Look for 4x20inch vents on the baseboard down low. The Honeywell thermostats will operate both the Cadet electric heaters and the Webasto diesel heat. But the Webasto heat has separate heat exchangers of course. There should be an AC breaker panel in the stateroom (below the entertainment system in our coach) with breakers for your major electrical loads.
I second the recommendation to start with installing a 50A outlet in your house (which really provides 2x50A=100A). It is simple and cheap if you locate the outlet close to the service panel.
-
Ken … if it is any consolation, I too went through the “mystery fog” of noodling out an older Marathon conversion’s rather odd dual function thermostat control wiring. Meaning, the same thermostat signaled the 120v toe kick heaters as well as the 12v igniter and fans for the Webasto.
With absolutely no wiring diagrams to work from, I started by phoning Marathon. Although they wanted to help, they said the “engineers” that designed my system (probably your’s too) had long ago departed and took their knowledge elsewhere. No drawings/schematics remained.
I was on my own. Not a new feeling, however! What I found after hours of circuit and continuity testing was a few bad relays in the master relay jungle. I purchased a few new relays of every flavor that was used for the conversion. That got my Webasto and 120v toe kick heaters to function with the house thermostats. The former Marathon “engineers” must have enjoyed making a complicated concept into a jungle of circuitry. Granted, their method works, but I would have felt more comfortable had I been able to lay hands on schematics.
By the way, as already pointed out, the Cruisaire controls have nothing to do with the heating system. Totally different circuitry.
Merlin
(Sorry, I need to fill out my profile with contact info, I’m new here. Also I see that I’m replying to an old thread, so my help may not be needed now)
Log in to reply.