Prevost Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
Prevost Community around the world.

  • 3 G & 4G booster

    Posted by Bill on April 15, 2013 at 10:44 pm

    looking at adding a Wilson sleek 4gv cradle booster to the bus for our up coming trip anyone had e perience with it?

    Bill

    Archived replied 13 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Archived

    Member
    April 16, 2013 at 3:32 am

    I had Wilson boosters in my peterbilts and outside antenna it seem to make some difference I travel all the USA and Canada I have Verison service it works the best for me

  • Jerry

    Member
    April 16, 2013 at 6:29 am

    Bill

    I am not a computer or cell phone expert, but I have been using MiFi by Verizon for a couple of years and I have never lacked a signal or the ability to get on the internet. My guess is if the MiFi can always have a signal I wouldn’t need to boost it.

  • Archived

    Member
    April 17, 2013 at 1:54 pm

    Cel coverage is really so good that I have found that the boosters are a bit of a waste. To really stay connected (if you must) get an Iridium Sat Phone ($$$$) or the Inmarsat Satellite Phone ($$). You do have to have to be outside (or an external ant)…the handset doesn’t work so well in a building as I learned (duuhhh) You can also rent these things fairly inexpensively then of course you need a service provider.Globalstar has a plan with 80 minutes a month for around 400, not cheap but it will always work for you.

Log in to reply.