Prevost Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
Prevost Community around the world.

  • Posted by Corey on July 30, 2013 at 6:10 pm

    Does anyone know the history or anything about the 2001 CC XL11 that Steve has at California Coach prior to 2010 ? Steve only has info from the current owner. Any info would be appreciared and thanks in advance. Anything negative can be sent via PM or to georgeprentice02@yahoo.com

    Archived replied 13 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Bob

    Member
    July 30, 2013 at 7:45 pm

    Great looking coach, awesome TV and mount, and great asking price. I think CarFax will tell you when and in what state each title transfer took place. It won’t give you a name, unless it was a Montana or similiar registration with an LLC.

  • Jim

    Member
    July 31, 2013 at 7:14 am

    Corey and George,

    I cannot tell you anything about the coach, but I have known Steve for a long time and I can tell you he will not misrepresent a coach. He is a straight shooter and if he has confidence in the coach I think I would too.

    He has handled a lot of Prevost sales for our members and POG members over the years and is highly respected.

  • Archived

    Member
    July 31, 2013 at 7:53 am

    Jon, We met Steve in Vegas last fall. His reputation preceeded him, and talking to him only re-inforced that. He has told me what is right and possibily wrong with that coach, but his knowledge of the history is limited. He does know that there was some previous panel repair(one of the old fixes), but at present everything is tight. That said, it has not been to Prevost to see if it is a canidate for revet. I’m simply trying to find prior history from 2001-2010 i.e. problems, was it sitter etc. For all I know, Steve may be doing that already. Between you, Tom and DKO you have us really thinking about XL11’s. A pox on thee!

  • Archived

    Member
    July 31, 2013 at 9:32 am

    What do you mean a POX on thee………….we’re trying to help you. Help you spend money that is.

    The delam issue is a non-issue as you can see from those who have been through it. If it needs fixing it will be done and it will be done right. You may have some exposure to cost, but as a buyer you just factor that into your consideration so it really isn’t a big deal.

    You will not regret the step up to an XLII. You may have noticed I broke a lot of balls as an XL owner about XLIIs and there are things I gave up such as long range fuel and cheap windshields, but the bottom line is the improvements far outweigh any benefits of the XL.

    Without full knowledge of the coach history all you can do is perform a detailed pre-purchase inspection, including having Detroit Allison reading the codes and verifying the condition of the engine and transmission. Once it passes your inspection its history is unimportant especially if you zero out the maintenance so you have a clean start.

    I just love spending other people’s money.

Log in to reply.