Prevost Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
Prevost Community around the world.

  • 06 Royale roof air problem

    Posted by Alvie on July 17, 2013 at 10:29 am

    In the coach this morning doing some minor maintenance and noticed the breaker was tripped on the galley roof air. After correcting and attempting to start the unit the breaker tripped again. On the third try unit started and is running as normal with about a 12 amp draw producing 57 degree air. Any thoughts on what might be going on and whether I should be considering a replacement? If a replacement is required what would be suggested?

    Thanks,

    Archived replied 13 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Archived

    Member
    July 17, 2013 at 11:32 am

    Might be worth changing the start capacitor. It is a lot cheaper then a new A/C. I also seem to remember something called a “Hard start kit” that is suppose to help hold down the starting amp load. Maybe someone else will have a better idea.

  • Archived

    Member
    July 17, 2013 at 2:07 pm

    I too would look at the start capacitor, cheap and easily replaced. FYI, some install a hard start capacitor that’s nothing more than a much larger cap. If not, the next logical problem is the compressor. If the compressor is bad you should consider a replacement unit.

  • Archived

    Member
    July 17, 2013 at 4:18 pm

    Thanks for the responses! I’ll have the capacitor checked/replaced.

Log in to reply.