Main > General Discussions > Private Coach Prevost Forum

old post - new post - new reply - closed threa

6/11/2013 8:47:48 AM - Thread - Boateral  
Private Coach

Does someone have a source for the ..Private Coach.. emblem  ?  Searched ebay....nothing.

AL

AL / Mary Ellen
2005 Marathon XLII 2/s w/ no-see-em rivets #894
2010 GMC Acadia AWD
Kansas City, MO.
There is no greater treasure than a good friend

6/11/2013 9:17:23 AM Gil_J  

I went with these decals in a complementary color to where they were installed and they look great.  I did not use the Not for Hire part, just the Private Coach part.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRIVATE-COACH-NOT-FOR-HIRE-DECALS-2-INCH-LETTER-/320711856099?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aabea8fe3&vxp=mtr

Gil Johnson
1999 Country Coach XL

6/11/2013 9:49:20 AM Jon  

Buy a Liberty. You get the cast aluminum, color matched "private coach" emblems for free with each purchase. Is that a deal or what?

Story about "Private Coach". We had our first coach and it had the cast aluminum plaques clearly visible. We had recently gotten screwed over by NY thruway toll booth folks who classed us as a commercial bus which cost a lot more money when we paid the tolls so I was a little touchy. We were going through the tolls in NH on I-95 about 20 years ago and the toll booth lady asked us for an amount equal to what a commercial bus would pay. I told her we were a motorhome and not a commercial vehicle. Her response was that she did not care, we were clearly a bus according to her. I pointed out the plaque. To her it didn't mean a thing.

I asked her to step out of the booth and look at the license plates (NY) and they were clearly the same as a car would have. She refused and said we were a bus.

I pulled up the emergency brake and told her I was going back to the living room to read a book until she decided we were not a commercial bus. To her the plaque was nothing more than decoration, in her mind a bus is a bus and she was determined we were to pay the higher rate. Her supervisor apparently agreed with us and told her to charge us the motorhome rate. After taking our money she told me next time we had to pay the bus rate. So much for a plaque.

As far as I could see in the mirrors I saw cars and trucks backed up. All that for less than a dollar difference.

Jon and Di 2006 Liberty Elegant Lady 2005 H2 Hummer
Knoxville, TN

6/11/2013 12:32:11 PM Gil_J  

And I thought it was the Private Coach plaque that made a Liberty so expensive...

Gil Johnson
1999 Country Coach XL

6/11/2013 2:58:19 PM sawdust_128  

IBP Industries, Inc.

http://www.ibpindustries.com/

Private Coach Sign

Private Coach Sign Without Stainless Bezel

$35.69

M3-00740

Bucket for Private Coach Sign

$83.51

Sawdust_128
1998 H345 VIP
Vantare' conversion.

6/11/2013 9:42:39 PM Boateral  
private coach emblem

Thanks for the reply Gil, Sawdust, Jon.

That's a pretty good look-in one from IBP.  

AL / Mary Ellen
2005 Marathon XLII 2/s w/ no-see-em rivets #894
2010 GMC Acadia AWD
Kansas City, MO.
There is no greater treasure than a good friend

6/11/2013 10:47:51 PM Sid Tuls  
Al, Marathon has them for sale on thier site also.

Sid Tuls 2006 Marathon H3 2013 GMC
Amarillo,Texas-Visalia,California

© 2011 Prevost Community
Top of Page